Myway.com is a redirect virus designed to hijack browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome, and promote its website. Generally, this redirect virus will hijack users’ browsers when they are surfing on the Internet. It alters DNS configuration and then replaces the default browser homepage or start-up page with its own site forcibly. Furthermore, its web search proivder can be changed to http://myway.com unnoticeably. The threat is able to fill the computer screen with excessive number of ads pops- up which may help it recover development cost. Even if users make great efforts to get rid of the threat, the threat just keeps coming back again and again.
More About Myway.com
Myway.com redirect virus can sneak into a targeted computer via several ways. It is usually bundled with some freeware or shareware on the Internet. Once you download shareware or freeware associated with the redirect virus, the virus will be dropped and executed on your system without your consent. Beyond that, users may download this redirect virus while they are browsing malicious websites or any legitimate sites hacked by hackers. The virus is so cunny that it can insert its vicious components on attachments in Email to trap unwary users. The malware will get inside the computer once users click to decompress the bundles. Therefore, users should use caution when surfing on the Internet, in order to avoid encountering unwanted infections.
It is suggested to eliminate the unwanted site from the computer immediately once it has penetrated into the computer. If ignored, this redirect virus will download and install some unknown toolbars, plug-ins, add-ons, or extensions on the browsers, for the purpose of tracing users’ browsing history and collecting some useful data and information. As a result, users’ confidential information and data may be exposed to unknown people. Furthermore, other cyber threats, such as Trojans, ransomware and adware as well as other potentially unwanted programs can be invited to the compromised PC and further harm the infected computer. Hence, it is very important that this redirect virus be removed from the infected computers as soon as it is detected, if users want to evade some unexpected damage and losses caused by this threat.
Danger of Myway.com
1. It is capable to control the browser settings of Mozilla Firewall, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Opera.
2. It shows thousands of pop-up advertisements, some of which are false information, when you use computer. Take browser searches to the web pages with commercial contents.
3. It can install malicious add-ons in browsers and steal confidential information such as logins, usernames and accounts, etc.
4. It may close or block the running antivirus programs and open ports of operating system and connect to remote server to allow additional cyber threats to install on the infected computer without consent. It can also modify the system settings and lower the security levels, leading to unstable system performance.
5. It may slow down computer speed significantly. It can take up a large amount of system resources in the background and cause sluggish computer performance.
Why Antivirus Programs Can’t Remove the Redirect Virus?
To remove the virus, many computer users may prefer to use their trusted antivirus programs as their first attempt. However, this browser hijacker can pretend to be a harmless browser plug-in and avoid being picked up or removed by the security tools. So, it is not strange why common antivirus programs fail to detect the trace of this redirect virus and finally clean it up. It is very difficult to remove the threat with average antivirus tool. None of antivirus software or anti-spyware program can remove this latest infection alone because it seems that the virus creators has learn all kinds of security software well and they know how to make the virus infections escape the dumb pre-defined security software obviously. In this case, users can consider manually removing the redirect virus by following the manual removal guide.
Note: Manually removing the redirect virus is not an easy job, since it involves several complicated steps, and this method should only be attempted by experienced PC users. If you are unsure that you can manually remove the threat, then just download and use a latest and powerful removal tool. It will finish the removal within minutes without causing any system problems.
Manually Remove Myway.com Redirect Virus
Step 1: Remove the Myway.com redirect virus related programs.
1. Click Start menu and select Control Panel.
2. Click on Uninstall a program under the Programs category.
3. In the programs list find out any suspicious programs, and then click on the Uninstall.
4. Follow the wizard to accomplish the removal.
Step 2: Remove all unwanted extensions from the browsers.
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools, and select Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2. Click on Toolbars and Extensions, find out and disable the add-ons related to Myway.com redirect virus.
1. Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools and choose Add-ons.
2. Click on Extensions, then select the unwanted add-ons in the list and click on Remove\Disable button.
3. Click Plugins, and remove\disable any unknown add-ons.
1. Launch Google Chrome and click on the menu icon.
2. Click the Tools in the list then select Extensions.
3. Click on Extensions, then find out the Myway.com redirect virus related add-ons and delete them.
Step 3: Remove all malicious files and registry entries.
1. In the local disk C, local the following folders:
%Document and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\
2. In the above folders, find out and remove any malicious files.
3. Open the registry editor by following the steps: click Start menu, type “regedit” into the search box, and click “regedit.exe” from the results list.
4. In the registry editor, find out and delete any malicious registry entries from your PC.
Attention: Myway.com is an aggressive browser hijacker that can bring about a lot of problems on web browsers. It has the capacity to escape from the legit antimalware scanner by the help of its built- in malcodes which needs to add to the Windows registry. In this situation, you can consider using the manual removal method to eliminate it. However, manual removal of the threat needs to delete the registry entries created by the malware, which is risky and cumbersome because any wrong deletion of registry data can lead to unimaginable damage to system. If you make any mistakes during the removal process, it could lead to severe computer damage. Have difficult in removing Myway.com virus by hand? Try an advanced and professional malware removal tool here.