Websearch.freesearches.info is created to interfere with innocent computer users’ browsing activities and cause browser hijacking. Once the computer has been compromised by this malware, the browser settings will be modified unexpectedly. If it succeeds in infesting the browser, it must start to modify browser settings and options unnoticeably. When users start to run their infected browsers or do a search, the threat may force them to visit certain specified websites and use it as their search engine. If so, computer users won’t have the ability to load the web pages for the accurate search results have been extended from the result list by Websearch.freesearches.info.
In most cases, it redirects users to various advertising sites that they never heard of and shows them tons of pop-up advertisements. The hijacker can fool you and take advantage of your personal information to make profits. The advertisements appear tempting so that numerous computer users are attracted by them and cannot help clicking on pop-up ads or sponsored links. Once users have realized the mischievous purpose of this adware, they can possibly choose to stay away from the bombards of Websearch.freesearches.info promotion.
Furthermore, you should delete Websearch.freesearches.info from the system once it appears on the system security scan results. Most of the victims choose to keep this malware on the browser for they thinks that the ads pops displayed on the browser extension will devastate the system if they never click on it. But that is not true. Since the redirect virus can cause some modifications in the computer system, things may be out of control. The browser hijacker may lower the security settings of the system as well as the browsers, allowing more and more other cyber threats to break into the compromised machines without scruples. If so, the system will be in the trouble of loads of perilous malware and system resources will be consumed without user’s permission. Once users leave the malware stay on the result of antimalware scanner, disastrous problems will flood the system. To protect user’s private data and essential parts of the system, it is suggested to remove Websearch.freesearches.info as soon as possible once it has been listed on the system security scan result.
Guides to Get Rid of Websearch.freesearches.info Redirect Virus Totally
Step1. Terminate the related processes immediately
1) Right click on the task bar and select Task Manager or press the Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc composite keys to open Task Manage.
2) In the Windows Task Manager window, click on the Processes tab, find out all the related processes and disable them.
3) Exit the Task Manager window.
Step2. Remove the related program from the Control Panel
1) Click on the Start button and click Control Panel in the menu.
2) Click on the Uninstall a program link below the Programs.
3) In the showing programs list, search for the unwanted program that is associated with the redirect virus and highlight it then click on the Uninstall.
4) Next, follow the prompt to complete the uninstallation.
5) Once finished, refresh the list and find out if the browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
Step3. Clean the redirect virus from the browsers
1) Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu bar then choose the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2) Click on the Advanced tab in the showing window, then click the Reset button.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2) In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button and confirm the reset request.
1) Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2) In the Settings label page, click on Show advanced settings.
3) Click on Reset browser settings button.
It is not easy for most computer users to notice that their computers are infected with Websearch.freesearches.info. Inexperienced computer users are usually tricked by this malware for they seldom pay attention to malware prevention problems. Cyber criminals always utilize redirect virus to attack computers with security holes so as to achieve the goal of making money. Run system scan regularly to detect any cunning infections and try the best to find any exception happened in the computer so as to find the better solution to solve problems caused by malicious virus. As the redirect virus often comes bundled with free third-party applications on the Internet, users should be more cautious when they download and install free programs because some freeware may be malware or embedded in suspicious applications and harm the computer systems once installed. Users need to take notice of their computers’ performances and run antivirus software to scan the entire systems regularly in an effort to ensure the computer security. If your computer has been infected by the redirect virus and have difficulty in removing it, please refer to the manual removal guide above or simply download a removal tool to get rid of Websearch.freesearches.info from your machine.